British Passport Forms & Guides

The below provides links to the most common Passport forms required to apply for a British passport. Whilst all of these forms are also available via the official resource we have complied the most commonly used forms in one place for your convenience. You can find our unofficial list below.

If you are simply renewing your passport with no name change or any other issues then it is likely that the only form that you will need is the Official Passport Application & Renewal form. There is no downloadable version for this. We can post you out one of these forms or you can secure from any major Post Office branch.

LS01 Lost & Stolen Form (PDF) – This is the form that you need to complete if your passport has been lost or stolen. This form needs to be sent to His Majesty’s Passport Office if your passport was lost, stolen within the UK or to your local British Embassy if the passport was lost abroad. You should also report the loss or theft of your passport to your local Police station or the local authorities if you overseas. This form can be faxed or posted. Any fields that you do not know the answer to should be left blank.

Authorization Letter – You can find out when an Authorisation Letter is needed and how to format it here >

Counter Signatories Guide – It is important to state that only certain people are eligible to counter sign Section 10 of the application and the reverse of one of the photographs. Changes over years now mean that doctors and solicitors can no longer counter sign for applicants unless the applicant knows them on a social basis. The general rule of thumb is that a counter signatory must know the applicant for 2yrs and not be related by blood or marriage and be a British or Irish passport holder themselves. The counter signatory also needs to have or be retired a recognized profession, the full list can be found here >>

Passport Applications within UK

Passport Application & Renewal Form – There is no downloadable Passport Application form when applying via the Fast Track One week service. You need to bring the paper form with you to your appointment.

Passport Application & Renewal Help Guide (within UK) (PDF) – This official guide provided by His Majesty’s Passport Office provides consumers with all of the information required to successfully apply for a British Passport including details of what forms to bring, which supporting documents are required and how to shoot compliant passport photographs. The guide also provides in depth assistance into how to complete the 04 Passport Application form which needs completing for the Fast Track and Premium Services.

Credit/Debit Card Payment form for UK Application (PDF) – Whilst this form does say the Foreign & Commonwealth Office it can be used to pay His Majesty’s Passport Office. This form can be used if applying via the Standard Service yourself (without our third party assistance) and using the paper form. You do not need to complete it if applying with us or via for the Standard, Fast Track or Premium Services as you will make an online credit/debit card payment instead.

Overseas Applications

Passport Application & Renewal Form (Overseas) (PDF) – For overseas applications you can download their application form, complete it and send it to the Passport Office in the UK.

Passport Application & Renewal Help ¬†Guide (Overseas) – This official help guide from His Majesty’s Passport Office will provide you with all of the information and advice required to successfully apply or renew your application from outside of the United Kingdom. The guide also provides information on who is and is not eligible for a British passport.

Credit/Debit Card form for Overseas Application (PDF) – If you are applying for a British passport from overseas and you are paying via credit or debit card then you will need to print out this payment form, complete your card details and send it to His Majesty’s Passport Office along with your supporting documents and old/current passport (if you still have it).

Emergency Travel Document Application (PDF) – If the passport has been lost, stolen or damaged overseas or you have found that it has simply expired and you need to travel urgently then you will need to apply for an Emergency Travel Document. By completing this form and visiting the British Embassy in the country that you are in (appointment required) a temporary passport (once issued) will allow you to travel and return to the UK where it will be forfeited upon arrival into the United Kingdom. The fee varies and will payable in the currency of the country that you are currently residing in.